2001-2004 GM 6.6L Duramax Cast Iron Cylinder Head (One) LB7
50 States Emissions Legal (E.O. D-701-38)
The OEM Duramax cast-aluminum cylinder heads fall short over time - the different heat expansion rates between cast-iron engine block and cast-aluminum cylinder head cause head gasket scrubbing and eventually blown head gaskets. The aluminum cylinder heads are also prone to warping, melting, and/or cracking in high-performance applications where excessive heat is introduced.
PPE’s new LB7 Cast Iron Cylinder Head is the ultimate upgrade to your Duramax engine and eliminates any head gasket or cracking concerns. Cast from high-quality alloyed gray iron, the PPE Cylinder Head offers elevated fatigue strength, and heat and creep resistance, which prolongs the cylinder head’s lifespan significantly. PPE Cylinder Heads also share the same heat expansion rate as the stock cast-iron cylinder block – no more blown head gaskets. PPE LB7 Cylinder Heads also feature cast-in fuel injector cups and solve the OEM injector cup leaking issue.
Each head comes complete with upgraded valve train components. All valves are made of superior materials and fully nitridated. The tapered valve springs’ higher spring rate and lighter retainers/locators enable faster response during higher RPMs and eliminate valve float. Powder metal valve seats provide superior wear and heat resistance. The denser and stiffer material properties from the cast-iron construction also significantly reduce engine clatter.
Whether you have a damaged aluminum cylinder head or a desire for better reliability and longevity on your Duramax engine, the PPE Cast Iron Cylinder Head is undoubtedly the best choice.
*Important Note: The valve seats of the PPE Heavy Cast Iron Cylinder Heads are installed with an interference that maximizes the durability and lifespan of the cylinder heads. Such interference might not be optimal for extreme-performance applications where a significant amount of heat is created. For those applications, PPE suggests that the exhaust valve seats be replaced with higher interference (+0.006'' to +0.008'') oversized exhaust valve seats (Nominal size 34mm).
- Specially alloyed gray cast iron liquid-cooled cylinder head with elevated strength in high temperatures and creep resistance
- Cast iron cylinder head offers the same heat expansion rate as the OEM iron block which completely resolves the common head gasket scrubbing issue (blown head gasket)
- Fuel injector cups are cast in the cylinder head, eliminating leaks caused by the original fuel injector cup seals
- Higher fatigue strength and heat resistance significantly extends cylinder head lifespan
- Premium 21-4N, Stellite-reinforced exhaust valves, and chrome-silicon alloy intake valves
- All valves are fully nitridated with increased abrasion resistance
- High-strength Chromoly steel CNC machined spring retainers and spring locators
- Upgraded tapered valve springs provide faster response and eliminate valve float at high RPMs
- Powdered metal valve seats offer superior wear and heat resistance
- Each head comes complete with BRAND NEW springs, spring retainers, spring locators, valves, valve seals, valve keepers, valve seats, valve guides, rocker arm dowels, and freeze plugs
- Significantly reduced diesel engine clatter compared to the factory aluminum cylinder heads
- Increased thermal efficiency compared to aluminum heads
- 3-Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
Installation Guide: Cast Iron Cylinder Head